Our veterinary team in Kenosha, WI is available and ready to provide emergency vet care to dogs and cats in need during our regular business hours. If you are able, we recommend calling (262) 658-3533 in advance so we can prepare a room and supplies for your pet’s arrival and receive you more quickly.
We understand that pet emergencies can be stressful and at times, chaotic. Know that we are here for you during our opening hours to assist you and your pet in any way possible.
What Does a Pet Emergency Look Like?
No two pet emergency scenarios are exactly the same. If you’re unsure whether your pet is in danger, consider these scenarios and symptoms and be sure to take action if immediate medical attention is warranted.
- Hemorrhaging from an injury despite compression
- Difficulty breathing
- Choking or gagging
- Sitting with head pressed against the wall
- Unable to stand or walk
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24+ hours
- No eating or drinking for 24+ hours
- Struggling or unable to eliminate
- Blood in stool or vomit
- Abdomen is hard and swollen
- Ingested a toxin
- Fought with another pet or a wild animal
- Has burn injuries, lacerations, or puncture wounds
- Running a fever
- Lethargic, disoriented